Tuesday, June 20, 2006

New group in SL - Join it!

I've created a new group for those of you who are merchants or shoppers who support this initiative to educate, infoshare, teach, and promote better business practices. The name is Caveat Emptor Association, and its free to join, just look it up in the find, or if you can't find it, IM Myst Panther in world for an invite.

The group will be primarily used to facilitate discussion groups, pass out warnings about scams, as well as provide a knowlegeable group of individuals to help support new business people by answering questions and providing some basic knowlege and direction that a new business person may not otherwise get.

2 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, June 20, 2006, Blogger ▓▒░ TORLEY ░▒▓ said...

Myst, I've got your blog aggregated. Wanted to say thanx for doing this--I'm Torley and I'm on the Community Team at Linden Lab. I want to keep a close eye on what's going on here, and you so far have been reporting aptly about it.

Please feel free to email me at torley@lindenlab.com should there be anything you wish to bring directly to our attention. In cases where we can make a different to improve the interface and usability to catch wind of scams before someone actually gets suckered by one, we'll definitely endeavor to--I'll raise the flags.

 
At 12:38 PM, June 23, 2006, Blogger Myst Panther said...

Hi Torley. :)

I will email you if I have anything I want to bring to your attention. Hopefully this blog will become a good resource not only for the residents of SL, but a snapshot for the engineers at LL to see what sorts of mischief the bad apples are up to with the toys LL has give us.

I know its hard to regulate human nature, so I think the best thing we can do to some degree is create awareness and support in the meanwhile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home